"Kaiserliche Stall" is the only listed building
in Grundlsee. It got it's name from the time, when the "Fischermeistergütl"
("fishermaster's property") in Mosern still belonged
to the emperior.
In 1568 you could
find the "Fischmeisterhaus" ("fishmaster's
house") and the still existing forester's house (Mosern
19) which includes a couple of meadows and a stable - the
(he's kind of a fleet fishing manager) was allowed to have
two cows in the stable. Later on the sunny-side forester,
and the shady-side forester used this right to have one cow
The hay was stored in the loft.
1928 the whole property got annexed
to the austrian national treasury
1941 it got in possession of the
1947 it became property of the
austrian republic again, which gave it to the austrian
national forestry in
1952 The "Kaiserliche Stall"
then ceased to be used as stable, but was used as a store-room
and Paymaster's office for farmhands.
1987 Grundlsee bought the "Kaiserliche
1992the cultural work-community
leased the stable and now uses it for several exhibitions
during summer time.
first only one room could be used. In 1995, two additional
rooms were built in the attic to be used for an exhibition
called "Das Wiener Burgtheater am Grundlsee". There
are two more rooms on the ground-flour, one is used as an
office by the work-community Grundlsee, and the second one
is used as a storeroom and additional show room.
Exhibition in 2002
15th June - 19th July
Glass + ceramics
24th July -10th August 2002
pictures from Arthur Reutter
15th August - 15th September
Ancient and modern embroideries